[blindlaw] Exam$ software and law school exams

Kate Carroll carroll.kathryn.e at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 03:47:41 UTC 2010

Good evening everyone!

I am looking for some advice concerning law school exams. If anyone has any
thoughts on my question, i would greatly appreciate hearing them.

I am in my first year of law school. I currently use a Dell Latitutde with
Windows 7, and ZoomText for magnification and reading. I will have to use
the software Exam4 for my upcoming exams. I have heard that this software
will likely prevent ZoomText (and possibly the built-in Windows
magnification program) from working if I attempt to use them during an exam.
I havent actually tested the problem with the tech guys at the school
because I need to get a Zoomtext license and right now don't have Zoomtext
on my laptop.

Does anyone have experience with this Exam4 software, and is a user of
ZoomText? What did you do to get around this (alleged)  problem? Any ideas,
again, are welcome.

Thanks,
Kate

--
Kathryn CARROLL
St. John's University College of Law 2013