[blindlaw] PDF files

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 7 22:02:10 UTC 2011

PDF files are accessible on web sites as long as the information presented
in them does not come from a scanned image. A while back we had an issue
here in Fresno where city staff was scanning pdf files in to the web site
and those weren't accessible unless someone had access to software such as
Kurzweil or Open Book. For someone to read files directly from a web site
they need to come from an actual document rather than a scanned image. If
needed contact me off list and I can go in to more detail with you.
Chuck Krugman, M.S.W., Paralegal
1237 P Street
Fresno ca 93721
559-266-9237