[blindlaw] Question about IPhone and Apple:

William ODonnell william.odonnell1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 12:41:02 UTC 2011

I have an interesting question that was presented to me and want an opinion of someone from this list.  I personally have never heard of this problem in regard to an insurance company or a technical support fee at a retail store.  Sorry if this is not completely appropriate for the list.  Thank you in advance,
-Will-
Begin message:
Does anyone know what to do when Voice Over shuts down on an IPhone and sighted assistance is no ware to be found?  I live alone. I use a Phone with Voice Over.  For two days I have had no luck communicating with apple to resolve my tech support issues.  The alarms keep going off and tech support is not that helpful when calling.  I have a full insurance policy with safe ware communications.  This is now day 3.  Apple support has told me to do things that require full vision such as checking for the arrows movement on the screen.  What can I do since the insurance company requires the phone to be stolen to file a claim for a replacement?  What do I do since the local apple retail store is far away and requires a tech-support fee for turning on Voice Over?