[blindlaw] attention criminal lawyers who work in courts

Shannon Geihsler sbg at sbgaal.com
Tue Jun 21 14:40:17 UTC 2011

i did not lose my viasion until 4 years after law school so I can't speak to
the challenges in law school for a blind person.  I have appeared in front
of the 5th circuit twice, the court of appeals in Amarillo.  I have not
appeared before the Texas supreme court, but the highest court of criminal
appeals in Texas is the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals not the Texas
Supreme Court.  I have not appeared in front of the TCCA either.  I do trial
work for misdemeanors and felonies.  I went to Duke School of Law in Durham
North Carolina and now practice in my home city of Lubbock, Texas.  Jaws and
Word are easy to use.  As far as brief writing I do not like Word as much as
I liked Wordperfect, but Jaws and wordperfect do not work well together.
Wordperfect is much better for doing tables of contents and tables of
authorities.

Sincerely,

Shannon

Law Office of Shannon Brady Geihsler, PLLC
1001 Main St., Suite 803
Lubbock, TX 79401
Phone: 763-3999
Fax: 749-3752

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or
attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express
permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,