[blindlaw] Mac Users Out There?

E.J. Zufelt lists at zufelt.ca
Thu Jun 23 21:46:15 UTC 2011

Good evening,

The problem is that a screen-reader doesn't know which parts of a document are in which language.  The exception to this are documents structured using technologies like html.  In html it is possible to explicitly declare the language of a part of the document.

It really isn't the fault of assistive technology if it cannot automatically detect the language of a document when the language is not explicitly declared.

Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ezufelt