[blindlaw] client paying a collection agency

William Burley, III william.burley3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:42:14 UTC 2011

Hi Mike.

Sounds like Vanroo Corporation almost.

It sounds as if he has already made the payment arrangement and if he did,
he would have had to sign the paperwork in order for it to start.  My fear
is, that now that they know where he is, his bank account, if he doesn't do
it their way, they will either attack his wages.  Since it's student loans,
unless he can show that he isn't working due to his disability (if there is
one), then he can apply for loan forgiveness through the original holder of
the student loan.  usually, I think the rule is having been disabled for 60
months and a three year review period after the loan is forgiven.

To me, it seems like the easiest thing to do would be for him to set up a
separate account for the student loan payment deductions.  He pretty much
needs to keep the agreement because it will just add to his interest.  If
he's going to fight it I would suggest he keep making payments.  If there is
the disability thing, then if awarded, he can get money back.

Now this is just what we've done with folks at the job....Not sure about the
legalities and any case law.

Will Burley
713..614.3322
William.burley3 at gmail.com

www.wburley.vodaplex.com - The best in Voice, VOIP, 4G wireless internet and
satellite!  Save money and get better service.  Ask me how you can keep more
money in your pocket TODAY!

www.burley-wilson.com - Burley-Wilson & Associates, L.L.C. provides
experienced, efficient and excellent virtual paralegal services to sole
practitioners to small - medium size law firms.  Refer us to an attorney who
utilizes our services and receive a $25 referral fee.