[blindlaw] WELLS FARGO BANK--ADA REVISITED?

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Wed Nov 9 21:41:55 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone:

Sometime back, I read here that there was some kind of a settlement with
Wells Fargo regarding the availability of accessible and or talking ATM's.
I've not had a chance to play with Wells Fargo's ATM's; however, I do
present before its tellers regularly.

After swiping your Wells Fargo debit card, you can't ENTER YOUR PIN NUMBER
without sighted assistance.  Why?  Because it is a TOUCH PAD with NO RAISED
BUTTONS like those on a regular phone pad.

My question then is:  Does the agreement not apply to equipment used by
Wells Fargo's tellers?  Yet another question:  Will it take another legal
action to have Wells Fargo truly comply with ADA provisions as it relates to
accessibility?

Let's all brainstorm on this and hopefully we can come up with a solution
worth suggesting to Wells Fargo because I sure hate SHOUTING OUT my PIN
number when standing in front of the teller!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado