[blindlaw] some questions

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Thu Sep 1 18:35:35 UTC 2011

I think we need to be reasonable in our discussion of the subject matter.
The issue under discussion has NOTHING TO DO with mental incompetency.  The
issue is whether or not a blind lady, in this case, Ms. Beth, has a right to
marry a Somalian man.  Without mincing words, the answer is YES!

In the past, a medical test to rule out certain disease conditions was
required here in Colorado and perhaps elsewhere in these United States.  If
there is a medical condition that is transferrable from one partner to the
other and eventually to their offspring(s) if any by way of marriage, the
couple will be so advised.  The couple then reserves the right to terminate
the relationship or continue with it.  Today, Colorado NO LONGER conducts
such medical tests.  May be the couple involved can request one or each
other, but this will have to be a private affair.  With this case, I don't
see any extenuating circumstances that would prohibit Beth from marrying a
Somalian man.  Bigamy, if proven to be the case, becomes a different issue
and presents a different argument.  Nothing to suggest that this has been
uncovered.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado