[blindlaw] some questions

RJ Sandefur joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 14:39:26 UTC 2011

Beth, You were declared incompetent by a court, and your dad is your
guardian. Correct? That is what you told me correct? I hate to say it but
theirs nothing Colorado can do really because this is a Florida case, and if
you did try to get married in Colorado, the judge would say, "I'm sorry, but
you have an incapacitation order in Florida." I am not an attorney, but this
is common sense. I hate to be this blunt, but you need to face reality that
as long as you have this hanging over your head, you will, not be able to
marry Deq or anybody for that matter. Again Beth, I'm not trying to be cruel
or mean, but it seems you do not understand what this means. They do not,
and they can not declare someone to be incompetent in Florida based on
blindness alone. I have a Friend who is a county judge, and he told me that
it is based on a persons mental capacity to care for themselves.