[blindlaw] Inaccessible Government PDF Forms

Tai Blas taiablas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 21:08:46 UTC 2011

Hi all. I am working as a volunteer with my school's legal clinic
helping victims of domestic violence file immigration forms to get
U-visas. Unfortunately, these PDF forms are extremely inaccessible
with JAWS. When I tab through them, many of the fields are unlabeled.
Sometimes, the checkboxes are confusing due to the way they are
labeled. Can someone please outline what steps I should take to
address this problem? i really want to assist these clients and don't
want the burden of form-filling to fall to my sighted colleagues. Does
anyone else have experience with immigration forms?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

Tai