[blindlaw] Voter Registration forms not accessible to the blind.

randolphc@kbti.org Cabral randolphc at kbti.org
Tue Apr 10 14:18:29 UTC 2012

In Kansas we are presently working with the League of Kansas Voters, the
ACLU, the Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, and our local
county voting commissioner to push for an ammendment of our current
legislation.  We have a State Senator, and a State Representative whom we
are providing with similar legislation out of New York and Wisconsin to use
as a template.  Already we have been contacted by the office of our local
voting commisioner to anticipate having voter registration and advanced
voting ballots in Braille.

Anyone that would like to learn more or wishes to be kept informed please
let us know.

Randolph Cabral, President

Kansas Braille Transcription Institute

P.O. Box 48091

Wichita, Kansas 67201-8091

316-265-9692  (Office)  9:00 AM - 5:00CST

316-265-0184  (Fax)

randolphc at kbti.org

www.kbti.org

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." -- Helen Keller