[blindlaw] Jurors in Virginia

Shannon Geihsler sbg at sbgaal.com
Mon Aug 27 15:18:17 UTC 2012

My only comment would be  that the Defendant should enjoy the right to have
a jury panel representative of the community he lives in.  While I
understand that there are things a blind person will not pick up on.  There
are things a blind person will pick up on that a sighted person will not.
Those sighted on the jury will have no problem telling everything about what
they saw back in the deliberation room and there will be those visually able
who will disagree with the the visual able person that made the observation.
There may be blind or other disabled witnesses in the case, blind defendants
etc.  I believe it is important to have everyone who is on the jury's
perspective.

Thanks,

Shannon Geihsler

Law Office of Shannon Brady Geihsler, PLLC
1001 Main St., Suite 803
Lubbock, TX 79401
Phone: 763-3999
Fax: 749-3752

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or
attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express
permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,