[blindlaw] Refusal To Use A Cane

Paul Harpur paulharpur at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:24:37 UTC 2012

Perhaps one approach could be to look at the crazy medical advice.  Just
some ideas, but:
1. When was the advice given?  Remember years ago some third rate medical
practitioners used to cover kids good eye to help their lazy ey get better.
Later we recognised this as abuse.  It could be that the advice that this
person has been given is out of a 1920s textbook!
2. Is the person in question correctly understanding the advice?  I am sure
we all have given someone legal advice and later found the client has
misunderstood something.  I just can't believe anyone would give such stupid
advice.  If you can't see and you walk into things, hitting your head,
surely that can't be overly healthy.
3. If the answer to 2 is yes, then has this medical practitioner any real
qualifications or capacity to give such advice?  Sounds like they have got
their qualifications out of a cornflakes packet.