[blindlaw] NAGDU and Guide Dog Chapters

Gregory Chang Patti pattichang at att.net
Sun Dec 16 15:15:47 UTC 2012

On a related note, given the number of NAGDU divisions in state affiliates and the strong promotion of them, I am not sure I understand why the notion that guide dogs are somehow not included  persists.  We have a very strong NAGDU division, a hotline, and many NAGDU chapters and committees.

Illinois is a good example.  We are spending much time right now on cab driver and guide dog issues.  We have a training packet and have develop strong enough relations with our AGs office to convince them to vigorously enforce the law when a dog handler is denied access to a business.

Please give to the National Federation of the Blind Annual Appeal by sending to NFBI, c/o Glenn Moore, Treasurer PO Box 1065 Elgin, IL 60121.

PS.  Find us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/nfbi and on facebook by searching on "National Federation of the Blind of Illinois."
Patti Gregory Chang Esq.
President, NFBI
pattichang at att.net