[blindlaw] Accommodations For Summer Work With Judges

Tai Blas taiablas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:46:41 UTC 2012

Hello all. I am planning to split my time working for two judges this
summer, one a county family court judge and one a federal judge for
the southern district of Iowa. As a student without a dedicated human
reader, I am wondering how to handle files assigned to me. I know that
I will be given hard copy files to review and research. Parts of the
file will be typed and others will be handwritten. How do blind
students handle this challenge? I want to maximize my time and
efficiency and am not sure how to do this when I will have no way of
knowing when I will get a file and thus when I will need a reader to
be with me. Also, I am not sure how many hours I will need the reader
each week. Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Tai