[blindlaw] Re Witnessing documents as blind lawyer

Daniel McBride dlmlaw at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 31 19:34:30 UTC 2012

Mr. Borah:

As an attorney, my obligations lie solely with my client.  I must represent
my client zealously within the bounds of the law.  If an evidentiary issue
arises, regarding the authenticity and admissibility of said document, it is
my obligation to fully challenge same before its admittance.

If this means challenging its authenticity resulting from a blind notary's
ability to properly identify said document, then I will do so.  As I am
representing my client, and not the interests of blind notaries, it is no
hypocrisy.

Dan McBride