[blindlaw] blind parent seeking help

Jasmine jasmine5802 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 20:26:13 UTC 2012

Hello,
My name is Virginia, and I'm seeking some help. i'm looking for legal
representation to fight for custody of my son and to fight to keep my
house. I'm in Bakersfield California, and I can't afford an attorney!
I'm on a limited income because I'm blind, and I can't find anyone who
can help me. My son's father and his parent's are trying to force me to
sell my home. I don't have any place to go, and I don't want to be put
out on the street.
I was able to get a continuance for the court date so that I can get
legal representation.
I also want to fight for custody of my son because he is also blind, and
has a learning disability.
  i've heard that the NFB helps to fight in cases like this, and I
wonder if they can help me out.
Thanks!
Virginia