[blindlaw] Managing Documents Using Microsoft Word Track Changes

Gerard Sadlier gerard.sadlier at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 00:57:05 UTC 2012

Catherine I'm sorry, I was unclear if Latonya was a jaws user (she
mentioned a reader) so didn't want to go into too much detail.

Please see here.

I copied from a webpage from google.

You can turn on JAWS verbosity for “Track Changes.” You need to do the
following:
•Launch Microsoft Word.
•Press Insert + V.
•Move down the Verbosity Dialog Box until you find “Track Changes”
•You can cycle through off, speak type, speak type plus count, speak
type and author, speak type and author plus count, speak type author
and date, and speak type author date plus count by pressing the
spacebar.
Tab to Close.
•Press Enter.
Once you have turned on one of the “Track Changes” verbosity options,
JAWS will list information every time you read or edit a document when
the MS Word, “Track Changes”, option is checked.
You can also interact with “Track Changes” using the “Revisions”
feature of JAWS. Once you have opened a document with tracked changes
press Insert + Shift + R. JAWS will create a list of the revisions in
the current document. This list will contain all of the “Track
Changes” information for each revision. You can just go down the list
and select a change you would like to look at more closely and select
“OK”. JAWS will skip down to the location of that revision.
The track changes options are becoming an important way for multiple
authors or instructors and students to communicate editing information
in a document. Hopefully, this short article will help the JAWS user
take advantage of these options.

I was talking about red line documents also, which as you will be
aware are not made using track changes. for the sake of clarity we
might discuss them separately, if people are interested.

Personally, my main problem at the moment is interacting with forms within word.