[blindlaw] Re Question posting

Paul Wick wickps at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:30:38 UTC 2012

Elizabeth and All,

I just want to commend your great comments and those of Ross as well.
The legal job market is changing perhaps forever, and as citizens who
are blind we should be equipped to keep up with those changes, either
through mentoring or government assistance or a combination of the
two. As nearly all the funding for state voc rehab agencies comes from
the Federal government, and a President's choice of Rehabilitation
Services Administration Commissioner and his or her priorities could
potentially have a significant impact on blind people getting and
maintaining legal employment, this topic is quite germane to the
purposes of this list.

I was surprised to find back in my law school days that there were a
fair amount of apolitical or even apathetic people entering the law
with me, whereas my own interest in the law came through my
involvement in "good government" electoral reform efforts, the
complete separation of law and politics in some practitioners’ minds
is something that I can't identify with.

Best,

Paul S. Wick