[blindlaw] Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP 2013-2014 Disability Rights Fellowship

Greg Care gpc at browngold.com
Mon Sep 10 19:53:00 UTC 2012

Hello all:

In September 2009, Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP welcomed its first disability rights fellow. We are now accepting applications for our fifth annual Disability Rights Fellowship to begin in September 2013. The Fellowship offers a recent law school graduate or judicial clerk with a disability the opportunity to participate for a year in all phases of disability rights litigation at our firm in Baltimore, Maryland. Brown, Goldstein & Levy is a 16-lawyer law firm devoted principally to litigation. The firm has developed a national reputation for its high-profile, high-impact disability rights cases. Information about Brown, Goldstein & Levy, including our past and present work, is available at www.browngold.com<http://www.browngold.com>.

The Fellowship is available to law school graduates with a disability and zero to three years of legal experience. The term of the Fellowship is one year (September 3, 2013 - August 29, 2014). Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the salaries paid and benefits provided to non-Fellowship
Brown, Goldstein & Levy attorneys of equivalent experience and qualifications. The firm offers health insurance, group life insurance, and group disability insurance. The Fellow should be a member of a state bar or be planning to obtain admittance to a state bar.

Applicants must have strong academic credentials, excellent writing skills, and a demonstrated commitment to disability rights. A completed application will consist of the following:

1.       a cover letter, no longer than two pages, explaining the ways in which you meet the selection criteria;

2.       a copy of your law school transcript, including an explanation of your institution's grading policy;

3.       a legal writing sample with a cover page indicating the source of the sample, any editing or contributions by persons other than the applicant, and the legal citation style used;

4.       a current resume; and

5.       a list of three references, including name, relationship, and contact information.

Applications must be received no later than November 16, 2012. Please submit your application by e-mail to info at browngold.com<mailto:info at browngold.com> or by mail to:
Disability Rights Fellowship
Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP
120 E. Baltimore Street, Suite 1700
Baltimore, MD 21202

Many thanks,
Greg Care

Gregory P. Care
Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP
120 E. Baltimore Street
Suite 1700
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Phone:  410-962-1030 ext. 1316
Fax:  410-385-0869
gpc at browngold.com<mailto:gpc at browngold.com>
www.browngold.com<http://www.browngold.com/>

Confidentiality Notice

This e-mail may contain confidential information that may also be legally privileged and that is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized agent of the recipient, please be advised that any dissemination or copying of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance on the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by use of the reply button, and then delete the e-mail from your system.  Thank you!