[blindlaw] Handling paper docs at a hearing

Paul Sullivan paul.sullivan416 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:23:22 UTC 2012

I imagine this is a topic that comes up frequently, so forgive me if
I'm repeating passed discussions.

I'm considering handling unemployment appeals as part of my practice.
However, I've been made aware by other attorneys who practice in this
area that it is not uncommon for the opposing party to bring documents
to the hearing--documents that are not required to be submitted before
hand, giving me no opportunity for examination prior to the hearing.

For those of you who litigate, how do you handle these types of
issues?  Short of having a reader, which won't be an option for me, at
least at first, I'm not sure the best way to handle these situations.
If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly like to hear about what has
worked and in what types of situations.

All the best,
Paul