[blindlaw] Threatening email signatures, Was: social skills training and work concerns

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Fri Aug 23 01:58:41 UTC 2013

I would certainly be interested to know how enforceable something like
that actually is, particularly in this case.  Is it really illegal for
someone to choose to reveal confidential information about their own
case?  Whose confidentiality are they violating besides their own?

As most of you undoubtedly know, I am by no means an attorney, but I
am in the tech field, and see these sorts of disclaimers/threats
appended to emails all the time.  It is commonly believed that they
have little to no legal value, but I have no idea if that is accurate.

A quick Google search turns up the following semi-relevant page:
http://lifehacker.com/5790930/disclaimers-in-email-signatures-are-not-just-annoying-but-legally-meaningless

Aaron