[blindlaw] A different view of Driverless cars

Daniel McBride dlmlaw at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 24 02:35:43 UTC 2013

Olusegun:

Perhaps the politicians, and the broad range of government agencies the
politicians have created, are keeping the tight lid on the driverless car
because it is not intended for use by consumers.

Be reminded that the driverless car research and development had its roots
in DARPA (Defense Agency Research Project Administration), one of the truly
"dark side" agencies of America.  Any project that has its origins with
DARPA is not a project intended for use by the American consumer.  Rather,
it is intended to benefit the Military Industrial Complex.

DARPA started research on remote controlled aircraft in the mid seventies.
They can fly a 747 from California to Australia, land it and send it back to
California by remote control.  However, we hear no talk of "pilotless"
planes nor of blind persons obtaining pilots licenses and flying their own
pilotless planes.  And that is because the development of remotely
controlled planes was for the purpose of creating modern unmanned aerial
vehicles, or drones, for use by the Military Industrial Complex.

You can almost bet that the research into driverless vehicles is for the
same purpose; use of unmanned assault vehicles on the ground by the Military
Industrial Complex.

Although it could possibly benefit us in the future, I am betting against it
in my lifetime, which would mean within the next eighteen years.

Otherwise, actus reus will benefit the common man only if a day should come
that our so-called elected officials are actually interested in representing
the people and not devoted to promoting, and protecting vigilantly, the
interest of the Military Industrial Complex.  This has never happened in my
58 years of life, and I will bet the bank that it does not happen within my
remaining lifetime.

Notwithstanding, I do hope you see the day of owning your driverless car.

Regards,
Dan McBride
Fort Worth, Texas