[blindlaw] Firm funding

Adam Zimmerman adam.zimmerman719 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 05:46:03 UTC 2013

As I mentioned in an earlier email I am having an exceedingly challenging time finding legal work at the moment as a relatively recent graduate. While I certainly have reservations about hanging out my own shingle it does seem like the most viable alternative at present. The major obstacle to that, obviously, is the initial start-up cost for things like office space and marketing to drive clients. An SBA loan seems unrealistic given my law school debts. Is anyone aware of any start-up grants specifically targeted towards individuals with visual impairments/blindness or, more generally, people with disabilities? I'd imagine they exist but I'd have no idea where to start looking.

Thanks for any guidance.

Adam B. Zimmerman, Esq.

Sent from my iPhone