[blindlaw] Blue Booking

Andrew Webb awebb2168 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 21:08:23 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on blue booking (i.e., ensuring
formatting and accuracy of legal citations, etc.) through the use of a
screen reader?  While doable, I find this to be a very slow and arduous
process, and much like ensuring formatting of documents, it's hard for me to
be sure that I've really caught everything.  Also much like formatting
documents, this is one area in which I think it's wise policy to have a
sighted party perform a final review.  But I just wondered if any of you
screen-reader users had any suggestions for how to review citations in a
more efficient manner.  I find that having to ensure that every space, comma
and period is in is proper place, that all fonts are correct, to check all
this stuff by nonvisual means is just an extremely inefficient use of time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Andrew Webb