[blindlaw] Is blindness ever consitter an issue in court

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Thu Jul 11 14:32:10 UTC 2013

As an attorney who does appeals and who has been on both sides of the vision situation, the verbal description is the best way to go.  It benefits everyone, sighted or not, and at least here in Arizona, photographs and other exhibits (except in homicide cases) generally are NOT transmitted to the Court of Appeals as part of the record on appeal.  Having a detailed description of each photo in the transcripts of the proceeding is the surest way of making a record of the full proceeding for the appellate court.