[blindlaw] State VR Occupational Goal

Angela Matney amatney at hf-law.com
Wed Jul 17 16:53:18 UTC 2013

As a former VR counselor who then applied for and received VR services with an employment goal of "attorney," I have to agree with what others have said. There is no reason why "attorney" is not an appropriate vocational goal.

If you chose an alternate goal that requires a J.D. ("paralegal" does not, BTW), you'd still have the same time commitments involved in getting into and attending law school, so I don't see the purpose in choosing an alternate goal.

If you are hoping to list more potential occupations on your IPE in addition to attorney, maybe you can find some inspiration from this list of "J..D.-preferred" jobs that came up when I did a quick google search.

http://www.indeed.com/q-JD-Preferred-jobs.html

Good luck,

Angie

-----------------------------

Hirschler Fleischer, A Professional Corporation Confidentiality Note:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by
returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for
your cooperation.

Circular 230 Notice:  Pursuant
to Treasury Department Circular 230, tax advice contained in this communication
and any attachments are not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the
purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue
Code, nor may any such tax advice be used to promote, market or recommend to any
person any transaction or matter that is the subject of this communication and
any attachments.