[blindlaw] NY Times article on rising income opportunity

Ross Doerr rumpole at roadrunner.com
Mon Jul 22 12:32:10 UTC 2013

The article below is not strictly legal in nature, nor is it blindness
related. Having said this I offer to you all that its context is an
indicator of where economic opportunity is to be found on a national level.
Living here in Maine, I noted with interest just how low the per centage of
opportunity is in the State according to the article.
My children are grown and have left home, but I would, were they young,
relocate to one of the areas noted in this article to afford them greater
opportunity.
I would also note that economic opportunity for blind professionals tends to
be higher where it is highest for the nondisabled.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/22/business/in-climbing-income-ladder-locatio
n-matters.html?emc=eta1&_r=0