[blindlaw] First legal internship: suggestions needed

Deepa Goraya deepa.goraya at gmail.com
Mon May 13 15:27:22 UTC 2013

Hi Rahul,

I've had several internships, most in DC. When I first came to DC, I used a
mobility instructor to help me learn how to use the metro system and to
learn the general area around my internship and housing. After that, I
occasionally used an instructor or friend to show me the location of each
office I interned at. As for navigating the office building, I just asked
co-workers to show me the general layout of the office the first couple of
days, where the bathroom was, the cafeteria if they had one, etc. Then I
just got used to the layout as I walked around. If I got lost, I would just
ask for directions. Usually co-workers were fine with helping me get
oriented.

Hope this helps.

Deepa