[blindlaw] First legal internship: suggestions needed

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 18:04:31 UTC 2013

Hi Nicholas and Deepa,

Thanks for your responses --  what you said does make a lot of sense.
Nicholas, to  answer your question, I usually take the help of my
friends to move around and occasionally use my cane. But I don't need
it much because I have become  pretty familiar with the layout of  my
college campus.  When I go to unfamiliar places, I generally rely
heavily on sighted assistance.
You are right in saying that very few institutions would be willing to
designate   a person  to specially  look   after an intern.
Moreover, I would hate to ask for such a favour as it would portray a
very bad picture. I don't want to be seen as  a liability for the
organisation.
 I guess the best way would be to ask for assistance from   the other
staff from time to time.
  Hopefully, my co-workers will be helpful and supportive.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful replies. They have really
helped me to decide my future course of action.

Best,
Rahul