[blindlaw] Re accessibility of bar exams and bar review courses

Bill Spiry b.s.spiry at gmail.com
Mon May 13 21:23:14 UTC 2013

If you wouldn't be able to get accessible study materials for the new exam
form, you have a reasonable argument. You may still get substantial push
back though. The bar is pretty big on everyone taking the same exam with
same content as their scoring relies on that. There is a fair chance you
could not overcome that bar priority and would be left having to take the
current exam.

If it were me, I'd put my energy into demanding accessible preparation
materials with the bar, hold the bar accountable to assist you in getting
prep companies to figure out how to get you what you need. They changed the
testing protocol so they argueably have some duty to help folks needing
accommodation through that transition  by advocating as needed. Seems that
you might get more satisfaction on that rather than demanding they let you
take an old exam that differs from the content everyone else will have.

Bill Spiry
Attorney at Law
(541) 510-2623
Bill.spiry at gmail.com

This electronic mail message contains CONFIDENTIAL information which is (a)
ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION, WORK PRODUCT, PROPRIETARY IN
NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) intended only
for the use of the Addressee(s) named herein. If you are not an Addressee,
or the person responsible for delivering this to an Addressee, you are
hereby notified that reading, copying, or distributing this message is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please reply to the sender and take the steps necessary to delete the
message and any attachments completely from your computer system.