[blindlaw] ~RE: [GDUIFriends] EMERGENCY DISASTER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE

Norman, Gary C. (CMS/OSORA) Gary.Norman at cms.hhs.gov
Thu Nov 14 14:20:30 UTC 2013

Greetings:

The note below indicates a great resource. I am pleased to observe forward moving action of GDUI.

When leading community organizing in Maryland, we established a fund for emergency medical care of dogs. GDUI overtook more or less the branding of that fund.

Sincerely,
Gary

Adendum
         November 13, 2013

EMERGENCY DISASTER  FINANCIAL  Assistance: (EDFA)

Dear Friends,

One of the most important efforts on behalf of our members is the Emergency Disaster Financial Assistance Fund created by a policy statement in 2011 and approved by the Board of Directors.

This fund is available for those members of Guide Dog users, Inc. with working guide dogs. The guide dog and the handler must have been directly and negatively impacted by a recent natural disaster and are in need of financial assistance for the well being of the working team.

This fund will be available for three weeks from the first date of a known and declared disaster.

Complete information about this fund can be found on our web site:
www.gdui.org.

Possible applicants must contact the Offices of Guide Dog users, Inc. at 1866-799-8436.

You may also contact the Chair of this Fund by writing to Sarah Calhoun:
secretary at gdui.org.

Robert Acosta, Chair

Public Relations Committee

Guide Dog users, Inc.

Robert Acosta, President
Helping Hands for the Blind
Email: boacosta at pacbell.net
Web Site: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

You can assist Helping Hands for the Blind by donating your used computers to us. If you have a blind friend in need of a computer, please mail us at the above address.
Friends at gdui.org
To unsubscribe, send an email with unsubscribe in the subject line to:

To contact the moderators of this list, send an email to:
friends-owner at gdui.org
For more information visit: