[blindlaw] 1l summer internships and assistive tech

ALBERT ELIA al.elia at aol.com
Fri Oct 18 13:25:00 UTC 2013

Generally, I have offered to use my own equipment. If that won't work for some reason, the employer will and must provide accessible equipment (JAWS/etc.). Most employers are happy to allow you to use your own machine for a summer. Those who aren't comfortable with that are usually the employers who are big enough that they can afford to buy you JAWS without blinking.

You may also be able to get them to install JAWS on one of their machines with your license (presuming your license permits it).

Good luck.

--Al