[blindlaw] 1l summer internships and assistive tech

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Fri Oct 18 12:04:14 UTC 2013

It really needs to be formally requested as a reasonable work accommodation
regardless of whether or not you are bringing your own software or having
them purchase etc.  To simply believe that one can install the software on a
company's computer should go through the reasonable accommodation process.
Most companies have very strict guidelines and policies on outside software
installation.  If you want more info on the accommodation process in its
entirety, go to the Employees' Guide to Requesting and negotiating
Reasonable Work Accommodations at the following:
http://askjan.org/Eeguide/index.htm

Steve