[blindlaw] Blind HighSchool student intrested in Law

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Wed Sep 11 20:02:13 UTC 2013

Mr. Dittman, you must be a great mind reader Msmile>!!  You expressed my
thoughts and sentimental feelings far better than I would have done.

I never heard of Occidental College in California until President barack
Obama ran for and won the elections!  A college in an obscure corner
somewhere in this great country of ours could jolly well put a student on
the path to success without seeking to have its name enshrined in gold and
diamonds.  It just does its job!  President Obama first went to Occidental
before his royal oats were spread far and wide.  I am certain that
Occidental did its best to prepare him for all other challenges he met with
along the way.  I am a proud graduate of Indiana University Bloomington,
Indiana!  You hardly hear its name except in the days of Bobby Knight, the
college's greatest basketball coach ever.  Take basketball out of the
picture and you can drive through Bloomington and forget that you saw the IU
sign!  Founded in 1820, it's the biggest thing in all of Bloomington and
could have swallowed the entire town.  Yes, IU produced a President for the
West African country called Liberia, just as University of Denver produced
Secretary of State, Ms. Condolisa Rice for the Bush Administration.

On Braille, I dare say that I would have never gained access to any formal
education without it.  Braille opened to me a world I never thought
possible.  If I could, I'd ask that my fingers be placed on Braille dots as
I lay in my casket ready for the soon-to-be forgotten bottomless pit.
Granted I won't force anyone to learn it, but I think that if the
opportunity to do so presents itself, it should be explored.

To the young man still in high school desiring to become a prosecutor,
permit me to say to you what my teacher, Mrs. Pamela Field, used to tell me
back in 1973:  "The sky CANNOT LIMIT YOU unless you give it a chance to do
so."  In essence, hold on to your dreams and cling to the hope it brings
you!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado