[blindlaw] New Member Intro and Questions

Aimee Harwood awildheir at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:58:26 UTC 2014

Thank you very much Sy.

I really have my heart set on Penn State. I spoke to someone there yesterday who answered a lot of my questions and clarified some things for me especially about how they view the extra time accommodation.

Do you find it difficult or at least a struggle to do everything that needs to be done say read all the material, do your outlines, and whatever other assignments in a day's time? Given the nature of visual impairments and the extra time it takes us to do the same thing as a sighted person does, what will it be like? I've been out of college for 11 years. I just want to hear what it is like for a visually impaired person to be successful in law school. What have you found to be the most effective and efficient methods?

Think I'll stop there for now. I am known for asking deep and somewhat obscure questions. :-)

Aimee
Sent from my iPhone