[blindlaw] Seeking Advice

Sy Hoekstra sy.hoekstra at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 19:23:41 UTC 2014

I like Angie's approach. It is totally possible to get an offer though not
bringing up your vision at all, which is what I did. I think the best way to
counter the ever-lurking danger of prejudice is to be as professional,
sharp, and prepared as possible. If they still think it's impossible or
difficult for a visually impaired person to do the job because they don't
know how it works logistically, there is probably relatively little you can
do to convince them otherwise. It's terrible, but there are enough smart
recruiters out there that I'm sure you will land a great summer gig.