[blindlaw] LSAT accommodations question

Anita Keith-Foust anitakeithfoust at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 23:12:35 UTC 2014

Dear Aimee:

Bummer! It appears to me that this is an oversight on the part of LSAC.

You probably don't want to hear this, but It is so close to Saturday that I
think that you should postpone your test. If you don't do well, the score
will be held against you

Do you have it in writing that the scribe would have scratch paper so that
you can show that the LSAC representative gave you faulty information? If
not, it is time to start writing, not talking, so that you can have evidence
of what you are being told.

I would send an email, Fax the email, and mail the email to LSAC. The
information is at this link:
http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/policies/test-center-problem-policies.

In the body of the email I would make my case regarding how you asked for a
certain test location, instead, your location was moved to a faraway,
inconvenient location; the scratch paper accommodation was denied;  when you
followed up,  you were told that the scribe would have scratch paper (this
false impression may be why you were denied having scratch paper), the
falsity of that statement, the negative impact to you of not having scratch
paper; and ask for LSAC to either give you a full refund, apply your payment
to another future LSAT test date, or waive the fee. Even if you are told no,
you at least have proof that you requested it in case of a future class
action lawsuit

If you decide to go forward with the test on Saturday, I would still send in
the complaint. If things don't go well at the test, cancel the score so that
your score will not harm you.

I hope my suggestions help.

Anita Keith-Foust
919-430-1978