[blindlaw] career help info

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 5 06:46:44 UTC 2014

Hi Chris and Gary, I missed the original post of this. I am a blind
paralegal in California and have been working as a free lance paralegal for
about 10 years. I was born blind and this was a career change after many
years working as a social worker much of my work being law related. I first
was trained to conduct legal research as an undergraduate college student in
the 1970s when I had to work with a reader in the Law school library at the
University of Michigan. It has become much easier with advances in
technology. I regularly use Braille and a computer in my work duties. The
job market for paralegals is flooded right now and there are many on line
and quick study programs that issue paralegal certificates but don't prepare
their graduates for entering the field. I attended a paralegal studies
program through a community college that was very rigorous and in some ways
it was similar to law school training. I'm not sure what questions you might
have so you can feel free to contact me off list as needed.
Chuck Krugman, MSW Paralegal
1237 P Street
Fresno ca 93721
559-266-9237