[blindlaw] Teach Act Petition

helga.schreiber26 at gmail.com helga.schreiber26 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 00:47:52 UTC 2014

Hi all, this is Helga. How are you all? I just wanted to ask you, how many of you here heard about and sign the Teach Act petition? Just curious. And if you did, that’s great! But just in case you didn’t hear about it, and didn’t receive it, the Teach Act petition is a petition in order for visually impaired students in order to get accessible Softwares in their colleges and universities. In fact, Teach Act stands for Technology, Equality, Accessibility in College in higher Education. This petition is very important for the Visually impaired students who have these issues, and even students with other dissabilities  and this also include us as well. If you didn’t sign this petition yet, I will really appreciate it, if you could do so. Just to let you know, the link of the petition, and the link of the Teach Act bill is going to be below in order for you to see, and tell me what do you think about it? As a matter of fact, I’m actually also attaching some questions that you could answer and think about, while you are reading the bill or going through the site, and I’m also attaching 19 steps in how a Bill becomes a Law that my Government Professor gave us in order to learn, and also if you want you can just use it for your information.   Hope you can access the sites very well. These questions are actually questions that my Government Professor gave us in order to do an assignment that is regarding another bill, which is due tomorrow, but I would also like to use these same questions in order to investigate a little further in the Teach Act bill. I’m actually would like to read your opinions regarding the Teach Act bill, and if you can your answer to the questions. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks so much and God bless!!
https://www.change.org/petitions/pass-teach-act-equal-access-to-educational-materials-for-students-with-disabilities
http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th/house-bill/3505