[blindlaw] Accessible Legal Office Management Software

Kerri Regan kerrireg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 15:44:12 UTC 2014

The office where I'm interning uses Prevail. I tried it with four
different screenreaders and it didn't work with any of them. Maybe
you'd  have better luck with ZoomText. Has either NFB or ACB contacted
the manufacturers of software like this to request accessibility
improvements? When I called Prevail they didn't seem to know what I
was talking about but promised to pass my request on to management.
Haven't heard back since. I'm a paralegal student with a semester to
go before I'm certified and I'm starting to worry that the
inaccessibility of most case management software will make finding and
maintaining a position in a law office a lot harder than anticipated.
Thanks for bringing this topic up. Kerri