[blindlaw] Bar association committees

Daniel McBride dlmlaw at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 23 02:39:52 UTC 2014

Tim:

How can you be contacted off list?

-----Original Message-----
From: blindlaw [mailto:blindlaw-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Tim Elder
via blindlaw
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2014 12:47 PM
To: 'Elizabeth Rene'; blindlaw at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [blindlaw] Bar association committees

Yes, I am very active in the ABA.  More blind attorneys should be involved
with the ABA and/or their local bar associations.  There is a center of
influence over the legal profession in these associations that blind and
other disabled people have traditionally not accessed.  Fortunately, the bar
associations all seem to have diversity pipeline programs to get more
diverse attorneys into the association.  Any attorney on this list who wants
to become more active in the ABA should reach out to me and I'll find you a
great opportunity to ensure the disability perspective is injected into the
regulation of the legal profession.