[blindlaw] Question About Management Software for Law Office and Non-profit Related

Russ Thomas rthomas at emplmntattorney.com
Wed Mar 5 03:13:22 UTC 2014

The tasks you describe can be accomplished by using excel.

My suggestion is that before any of us criticize a piece of software or a
computer program, we should ask whether our problems or our inability to use
the software is the result of our own lack of training on the program or our
lack of computer skills in general.

All of the functions you describe can be performed with excel, timekeeping,
client information such as contact information and tracking contacts from
potential new clients.

Using a Mac might not be a good idea especially if you interact with other
law offices.  The vast majority of law firms use Microsoft products to track
the functions you describe.