[blindlaw] PROCESSING PAYROLL

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Tue Mar 18 15:06:35 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues:

I'd be interested in knowing how anyone on the list processes payroll and
deal with all the tax liabilities.

In the past, I had used Paychex.  Their price became a slippery runaway and
I had to cancel the service.

Next, I turned to SurePayroll and processed payroll exclusively online.
Initially, the process was smooth sailing!  After a while, they got into
using a lot of Java script and Flash and processing payroll online
independently became a nightmare.  What they did was that they assigned an
employee to help complete the processing, but I still had to approve and
submit it.  No problems there!

I left SurePayroll in part because they were not able to report and file the
corporate and employee portions of the Occupational Privilege Tax (OPT) as
required by the City & County of Denver.

Paychex does want us back and have given us a deal that's hard to refuse!
Sadly though, the Paychex Online website is packed full with Flash and is
NOT accessible.  The CAPTCHA code required is NOT even rendered in any
audio.

Based on these issues, I am reluctant to sign another contract with Paychex.
I thought I ask here how others deal with issues of payroll, perhaps there's
a much better service out there that's both affordable and accessible.

I look forward to reading your thoughts, gracious thanks!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

---