[blindlaw] need advice

Nicholas Parsons via blindlaw blindlaw at nfbnet.org
Sun May 25 07:41:46 UTC 2014

Dear Nicole,
You might find that you don't get the response you're looking for on this list. That is because this list is not for providing legal advice to blind people, but is for blind lawyers to share tips and experiences regarding practicing law with a vision impairment. So while many blind lawyers might have similar experiences regarding reasonable accommodations as you, advising you what you should do next, particularly regarding mediation and formal complaints, would come very close to being legal advice and would probably even cross the line. On the other hand, if you wanted to discuss ways of accessing the information in your professional development or alternative reasonable accommodations etcetera, I'm sure many of us would be happy to share our experiences.
All the best and good luck,
Nic