[blindlaw] Help with car rentals

Russell J. Thomas rthomas at emplmntattorney.com
Thu Nov 20 18:55:57 UTC 2014

Use the following to present the strongest possible case:

Blind person calls and makes the car reservation: gives the agent his/her
credit card over the phone.

Blind person accompanied by the sighted driver goes to the location to pick
up the car;

Blind person gives the reservation information to the agent;

Sighted person gives the agent his/her driver's license.

With those facts there should not be a problem. The agent has been informed
as to a clear difference between who will pay and who will drive.

If a car is not rented on those facts, the case is compelling.