[blindlaw] Life Insurance Coverage for the Blind

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Tue Oct 14 17:03:45 UTC 2014

Not that AD&D is worth anything, but under the National Association of Insurance Commissioners recommendations in 1978, which many states passed over the next few years, you may not be denied coverage for either health or life insurance. This would include AD&D. What it might exclude dealing with blindness might be a rider stating that the loss of a prosthetic eye or eyes would not represent a lost requiring payment of either the principle or capital sum.