[blindlaw] Managing Due Diligence and accessibility of virtual data rooms?

Gerard Sadlier gerard.sadlier at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 20:38:37 UTC 2014

Hi Amar,

If there is really no way to print or download documents and no way to
get an accessible version of such documents on the dataroom, you have
got a real problem. In my experience, it usually is possible to
download or print documents and I know that several partners at the
firm I work in always get docs printed for their review.

I wonder if you could check with sighted colleagues to establish if
they can print and download? If so, they may be able to download a
batch for you.

This is a difficult problem and an issue which I think this
association could usefully raise with the providers of such platforms.
In principle, the work should be especially accessible, since the
material is pre-scanned and it is only the inaccessibility of the
technology used that makes it otherwise.

Kind regards

Ger