[blindlaw] Finding my JD

Cody J. Davis cjdavis9193 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 15:06:12 UTC 2015

Melanie,

Often the local and state bar association's will have scholarships that are available. Sometimes, even local law firms will have scholarships for particular groups of individuals (I.e. Women, racial/ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities). The only problem with many of these scholarships is that the scholarships are often small – The largest I've seen was $5000, but most that I've seen were $2000. They don't help out very much, especially when you consider the fact that you're dropping over $20,000 a year on tuition alone. This only, many of the applications require a lot of a person and can take a lot of time. There's not much spare time lying around in law school. If your grades have improved since the school gave you their scholarship, you may be able to ask them to reconsider the amount of your scholarship, if it is a merit-based scholarship.

Best of luck,
Cody J. Davis
J.D./M.P.A. Candidate, 2018
Campbell University School of Law