[blindlaw] Unable to View Hybrid PDFs

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:43:53 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Here in India, courts use a platform called e-court for the purpose of
making pleadings and viewing orders. However, the PDF files uploaded
on that platform do not seem to be accessible. More specifically, the
quality of the scanned material is not up to the mark and most
documents are not even scanned correctly, making them completely
inaccessible. One cannot convert the documents into word because of
the unique nature of these PDFs. When you open these PDFs, only the
first page is initially displayed where there is a list box from which
you have to select the order or pleadings of your choice. The list box
itself is inaccessible in most cases. But the point is that only after
selecting the specific option from the list box can you view the
pleadings or other parts of the PDFs that are relevant for your
purposes. Therefore, when you convert the document from PDF to Word
through Fine Reader and others, only the first page gets converted and
nothing more. What strategies can I employ to read such documents?
I am attaching a sample for your reference.

Best,
Rahul